Locating Tests for Measuring Health: Electronic Databases
Databases Including Information on Measurement
- Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL)
- Click on Advanced Search
- Type your search in the search box and then scroll down to the "Publication Type" box, select Questionnaire/Scale
- Click on Search and complete your search
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global
- Search by the title/acromym of an instrument or combine your topic with measurement keywords.
- Contains full-text of over 1600 books published by APA.
- Search by title of instrument In Tests and Measures field, or use a combination of subject and measurement terms
- Execute your search
- Click on Additional Limits
- In the "Limits" box, select Tests and Measures
- Click on Limit a Search
- Search by the title/acronym of an instrument or combine your topic with measurement keywords.
Databases Exclusive to Measurement
- Information on measurement instruments published in journal articles and other publications
- Produced by Behavioral Measurement Database Services, contact them for information on additional services they provide on locating measurement instruments
- See http://bmdshapi.com/ for contact information
- There is a processing/handling fee for each instrument
- Contains full information on all published English language standardized instruments including up to three full-text expert review(s) for each measurement instrument.
- This resource is intended to help clinicians and researchers find instruments used for screening and assessment of substance use and substance use disorders.