Nursing Portal: Home
Databases for Topic Searches
Need journal articles on a particular topic?
Missed the lecture on PubMed? Attended the lecture, but need to brush up on some details? View our short PubMed tutorials, created especially for Pitt Online.
10/04/2016: Please note that some details of this tutorial may be outdated. An updated video will be available soon. Thanks for your patience.
Using Library Resources Off-Campus
To access HSLS library resources from off-campus, follow these steps:
- From the HSLS home page, navigate to the e-resource you want to access.
- Click on the e-resource’s link.
- A pop-up box will appear.
- Enter your Pitt Computer Account username and password.
- The e-resource is now ready to be used
For remote access to work correctly, your Web browser must be set to accept cookies. You must also have a current Pitt computer account. For help with your computer account, call 412-624-4357 (available 24/7) or e-mail the CSSD Help Desk.
Find Full Text
Have a citation and want to find the article?
Enter the journal name in the search box
Check out this free resource!
PubMed Health provides summaries of completed systematic reviews from organizations such as:
- Agency for Health Care Research and Quality (AHRQ
- Centre for Reviews and Dissemination (CRD)
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)