General & Multidisciplinary Databases: Find General & Multidisciplinary Databases from Other Pitt Libraries
General & Multidisciplinary Databases
A variety of multidisciplinary and academic databases are available from the University Library System (ULS), University of Pittsburgh. ULS databases will work only on the Pitt network and through Pitt remote access.
These databases will be useful when completing a comprehensive literature search on a specific health or biomedical topic or for locating general reference information.
Here is a select list of interest to the biomedical community:
- Academic Search Premier (multidisciplinary scholarly database containing over 8,000 journals, many with full text, from all academic disciplines as well as current events and news sources)
- BIOSIS Previews (includes Biological Abstracts and biomedical conference proceedings)
- Business Source Complete (nearly 8,000 business-related titles, many with full text, including information related to health administration, health policy, and the health insurance industry)
- Compendex (engineering, including biomedical engineering and medical technology)
- ERIC (education and related disciplines)
- IEEEXplore (engineering, including biomedical engineering and medical technology)
- INSPEC (physics, electronics, and computing)
- LegalTrac (includes major law reviews, legal newspapers, specialty law publications, bar association journals and thousands of law-related articles from general publications)
- MathSciNet (includes statistics)
- Social Work Abstracts