Citation management software
There are several options when selecting citation management software. Two commonly used programs, EndNote and SciWheel (formerly f1000) are licensed by the University of Pittsburgh. Two other programs, Mendeley and Zotero are freely available.
Additional information on them can be found using the link below.
- EndNote LibGuide
- This HSLS LibGuide focuses primarily on EndNote but also includes a comparison between and links to other citation manager software.
- Download EndNote from MyPitt Software Download
- Be sure you download the most current EndNote version for your PC or Mac. You must be a member of the University of Pittsburgh community with a valid MyPitt login to download EndNote.
- SciWheel is a cloud-based citation management and collaborative editing resource.
- HSLS List of Class Offerings
- We offer a variety of classes on many topics, including: Citation management; Data science; Instructional and Visual Design; and Molecular Biology.
Books on Writing
Below is a select list of books on writing. Additional Scientific, Medical, or Research Writing ebooks published from 2010-2021 can be found through PittCat, the online discovery tool for books, book chapters, journal articles, and more.
Style Manuals at Pitt
Websites with Citation Help
APA Style Resources
Navigating the not-so-hidden treasures of the APA Style website
"In these APA Style blog posts, we aim to discuss nuances of style guidelines, provide insights on what’s new in the seventh edition, and announce new updates or products."