Mobile Apps: Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database App
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database App
Last reviewed December 2017
- Direct your browser to Natural Medicines.
- Click on Get Your Login ID in the top right corner of the home page.
- Complete the registration form and then click on Next at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your Username and Password. Confirm your password and then click on Finish.
- You should see the message that you have successfully created a personal account. Click on OK.
- Login with your new Username and Password. Once logged in, you will be taken back to the Natural Medicines home page.
- From the Natural Medicines home page, click on Login in the upper right corner of the home page. Log in using your account information.
- On the toolbar at the top of the page, click on CE/CME Center.
- Click on either View courses available for CE/CME or View your course history and print statements.
- Complete the CE ID# registration form and then click on Continue at the bottom of the page.
- Select Click here to enter CE Online.
- On the next screen, in the upper left, you’ll see your new CE ID# under “Your Information.”
- On your mobile device, download the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database App, and enter your CE ID# into the box labeled e-mail address. Leave the password field blank.
Updates & Expiration:
An Internet connection is required for the initial content download and content updates, but is not required to use the app itself. CE ID#s expire when you are no longer affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh or UPMC.
- Includes information on approximately 90,000 herbal products, dietary supplements, vitamins minerals, homeopathic products, and many other natural remedies.
- Contains multiple databases and interactive features including an Effectiveness Checker, Nutrient Depletion Checker, and Natural Product/Drug Interaction Checker.
- Links to drug references are available in the full Natural Medicines database, but not in the mobile app.
In app menu, tap Other and then tap Contact Us.