Mobile Apps: Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database App
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database App
Last reviewed April 2019
- Direct your browser to Natural Medicines.
- Click on Get Your Login ID in the top right corner of the home page.
- Complete the registration form and then click on Next at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your Username and Password. Confirm your password and then click on Finish.
- You should see the message that you have successfully created a personal account. Click on OK.
- Log in with your new Username and Password. Once logged in, you will be taken back to the Natural Medicines home page.
- On your mobile device, download the Natural Medicines App, and enter your username in the box labeled “Email Address or CE ID #” and then enter your password.
NOTE: Should you encounter problems logging in to the Natural Medicines App, call 209-472-2249 or complete the Contact Customer Support web form.
Updates & Expiration:
An Internet connection is required for the initial content download and content updates, but is not required to use the app itself. Login IDs expire when you are no longer affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh or UPMC.
- Includes information on approximately 90,000 herbal products, dietary supplements, vitamins minerals, homeopathic products, and many other natural remedies.
- Contains multiple databases and interactive features including an Effectiveness Checker, Nutrient Depletion Checker, and Natural Product/Drug Interaction Checker.
- Links to drug references are available in the full Natural Medicines database, but not in the mobile app.
In app menu, tap Other and then tap Contact Us.