HSLS MolBio Workshops: Basic Science Resources
InfoBoosters are easy-to-install Web browser widgets that connect digital text to databases, to retrieve relevant information on demand.
Example: highlight a protein name in an online article and click the "GenomeInfo" InfoBooster (which users drag-&-drop to their browser toolbar)--a pop-up window will display relevant information fetched from the UCSC Genome Browser.
InfoBoosters assist readers by revealing information not directly described in the text and fosters the creation of new hypotheses.
Using Library Resources Off-Campus
- From the HSLS home page navigate to the e-resource (database, journal, ebook) you want to access.
- Click on the link to the e-resource.
- The Pitt Passport pop up box will appear when needed.
- Enter your Pitt username and password.
- The e-resource is now ready to be used.
For remote access to work correctly, your Web browser must be set to accept cookies. You must also have a current Pitt computer account--for help, call 412-624-4357 or e-mail the 24/7 Pitt IT Help Desk.