Virtual Reality at HSLS
VR at HSLS
Falk Library is pleased to provide a new way to connect our Pitt health sciences community with simulations and applications utilizing cutting-edge VR technology. Available programs include study aids for Health Sciences students, along with simpler scenarios for those who are interested in trying out virtual reality.
Currently, the library has two VR stations consisting of graphically enhanced computers running Windows Mixed Reality. Each station features a Lenovo Explorer headset and handheld controllers. To use, borrow the equipment from the Technology Help Desk.
A valid Pitt ID is required to borrow the virtual reality equipment (gold cards excluded).
Virtual reality equipment may be borrowed for a four hour loan period.
Patrons are responsible for the condition and full return of borrowed equipment. Equipment that is not returned, stolen, or damaged will be subject to item replacement fees.
Using the Equipment Safely and Comfortably
To ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience, there's a few things you should remember:
- You can only see screen images when the headset visor is folded down
- Fold the visor up at any time to take a break or rest your eyes
- Take breaks often -- a 10 minute break for every 30 minutes of playtime is recommended
- Clean the headset and controllers with the provided wipes before and after each use
- Last Updated: Sep 10, 2020 1:40 PM
- URL: https://hsls.libguides.com/vr
- Print Page