Using Falk Library
Falk Library is the main library for HSLS. The following information will help get you started at Falk:
- Ask a Librarian for assistance by chat, email or phone
- Technology Services to borrow equipment or seek assistance with a technology issue
- Use PITTCat, the library catalog, to find items owned by Pitt libraries
- Take a Class at the library
- Use Pitt Self Service Printing
- Order a book or journal through Document Delivery
For more information about using HSLS resources in the library or online, see the HSLS home page.
Access Full Text Articles & Ebooks
Search for research articles and books using PittCat (Panopto video)
- The video provides a demonstration of the "discovery system" used by the Pitt library systems and walks through many of the available features.
- PittCat is designed to find book chapters, books, and articles available through the library systems.
- After completing a search, use the filters left side to find the kind of materials you need.
- Once you feel comfortable with your topic, consider moving to a subject specific database, such as PubMed or APA PsycInfo.
PubMed full text access
Locating full text when searching PubMed (Panopto video)
Using Library Resources Off-Campus
To access HSLS library resources from off-campus, follow these steps:
- From the HSLS home page navigate to the e-resource (database, journal, online book) you want to access.
- Click on the link to the e-resource.
- The Pitt Passport pop up box will appear when needed.
- Enter you Pitt Computer Account username and password.
- The e-resource is now ready to be used.
For remote access to work correctly, your Web browser must be set to accept cookies. You must also have a current Pitt computer account. For help with your computer account, call 412-624-4357 (available 24/7) or e-mail the CSSD Help Desk